Friday, November 21, 2008

Sliver of silver

I have just finished AB'ing the base coat for my SD RX-78-2 Gundam the other night so I thought of assembling it again and taking a few photos to monitor the WIP. Besides, I've always wondered what an all-silver RX-78-2 would look like.

Silver RX-78-2Click on the image to view a larger version.

I'm still not quite sure about the metallic colorway this particular BB's going to don... although I have short-listed my options into the following list:

1. Original colors. I guess the classic red-blue-yellow scheme would never go out of style eh?
2. One Year War (game) color. I just love the subtlety of its nearness to the colors pink and purple in its box-art.
3. Roll-out colors. I saw the HCM-Pro version of the RX-78-2 the other day and I just fell in love with it. Much so that I'm thinking of getting one off eBay. ^_^

Hmmmm... choices, choices, choices.

The colorway isn't much of a problem though. Execution is. Airbrushing clear colors is quite tricky as one may end up with parts that are more saturated than others.

Here's the original, un-painted kit, BTW.

Oh yeah, the eyes were PS'd, in case you're wondering. ^_^

On to some other things...

Greattoys is currently having its Christmas sale which runs from November 15 up to the 31st of December.


Dang! If I weren't gunning for a new cam, there are a few toys on my wish list that I'd like to get may hands on during this sale period.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...