Friday, July 31, 2009

Next!

I was having quite a bit of a dilemma these past few days.

You see I'm a bit overdue for a new collectible to take pictures of and couldn't decide what toy I should get first. I have a few of them... okay, I've lots of them running around my mind, and I sort of shortlisted them into a compact list:

  • MP-04 Convoy from Takara Tomy or otherwise known as Masterpiece Optimus Prime and his trailer
  • SOC GX-31V Voltes V Respect for Volt-in Box from Bandai
  • 1/60 VF-0S from Yamato
  • Iron Man Mark II or III from Hot Toys

Eliminating IM from the list was pretty easy. My senses came around after a while and reminded me that I should get the icons from my younger years first, before acquiring the more contemporary figures. Don't get me wrong, I still find the HT IM 12-inch figures as two of the most awesome figs out there and I would love to have them in the future, but... they just don't fit into what I would call my icons... yet. Sorry, Tony Stark.

Out at second runner-up is Yamato's 1/60 VF-0S. I regretted cutting Roy Fokker's mech from my list because it is my absolute favorite among the Valks that are available. For me, the VF-xS are the most endearing vari-fighters and I find the Macross Zero version simply as the one who runs away with it all. I just adored everything about it when I first saw it in Zero. I'll get you next time buddy... probably when Yamato releases a 2.0 version.

So, there were two.

Optimus Prime couldn't have said it better when he uttered, "One shall stand, and one shall fall." Yet no matter how wicked the Takara Tomy MP version of the Big Guy may look, he fell short as he was against a very tough contender.

Yup, I'm going for my ultimate icon -- Voltes V, specifically the Respect for Volt-in Box version.

The decision was basically up in the air until I saw these images and licked them off eBay

GX-31V

GX-31V
Doesn't he look awesome?!?

GX-31V
Volt Cruiser

GX-31V
Volt Bomber

GX-31V
Volt Panzer

GX-31V
Volt Frigate

GX-31V
Volt Lander

GX-31V
Just look at all the included weapons and accessories!!!

GX-31V
This is the image that sold the deal. ^_^

So yeah, I am going after him. And hopefully I'd have my own pics of Camp Big Falcon's hero to show early next week!

I'm setting my optics after MP-04 next. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...