Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Good or bad

A friend of mine, Bryant, sent some interesting links when one wants to gauge his/her blog.

First up, the blog readability test which determines the level of education that is required to understand one's blog.

blog readability test

I guess I should treat the result above as a compliment, right? After all, one doesn't need a high SAT score to understand pretty much what I'm talking about. This makes me wonder -- if I include words such as kittens, playground, cereals, flowers, dolls, or even diapers in my keywords, would the result be "Elementary School" or even "Day care?"

Another test... the film rating test. Here's what my blog got

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

According to the script, this rating was determined based on the presence of the following words on my blog: shoot (26x), crappy (10x), and gun (2x).
This test almost made me fall off my comfy chair here at the office (yes, I'm blogging at the office right now.)

I'm blogging mostly about Japanese mechas whose primary function is to cut each other's guts out... what do you expect? You figure it out. It's a good thing Blogspot wasn't the airport or else I'd be held by the guards (like some hopelessly dumb actors who mention the word "bomb" in the checking area.) ^_^

Finally, the Cuss-o-meter.

The Blog-O-Cuss Meter - Do you cuss a lot in your blog or website?

3.3 percent?!? Perhaps I should be more like Al Pacino and do a Tony Montana from this point on... or say expletives like Beavis and Butthead. ^_^

I think it would be better if they listed the cuss words that I've used.

Try 'em quizzes out. They're like a box of chocolates -- you'll never know what you're gonna get and all that shit. Oops, I think my cuss-o-meter just went up a notch.

By the way, if you know of other blog gauges, meters, or grading widgets, kindly let me know. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...