Monday, April 21, 2008

What I want and what I got

When I saw a PG Strike Rouge with a slightly different colorway (sans the pink and in with the black), I mumbled to myself that it could beat the crap out of Kira Yamato's Strike Gundam if Cagalli chooses to! I knew then that a MG Strike Rouge would definitely be my next kit.

I found myself back in Shoppesville's Blue Lane with the intention of purchasing Cagalli Yulla Attha's Mobile Suit. Of course, my fiancee was with me.

Wasabi Toys, was my first stop (as always). They didn't have the Rouge, but they did have the Strike. Hmmmm... perhaps I should just buy the Strike paint it a'la Strike Rouge. Not! I really want the Rouge. Perhaps, I owe it to myself that no matter how much I cover the Strike with the Rouge's colorway, deep inside I still would know that it is not Cagalli's. Besides, Great Toys was only a few steps away. They might have the Rouge.

And the MG Rouge they did have. Although I'm adding a couple of hundred bucks (against the Strike) if I was to buy it, I was quite pleased by the fact that I could get it right there and then.

I asked Melai and Marilyn, the wonderful ladies of Great Toys, for the last price they could offer. Ka-ching! The standard five percent discount for cash purchases was their reply. I reached into my jean's back pocket, handed Melai the moolah I just counted, and I bought it without any second thoughts.


Yes, I finally had in my arms the MG RX-0 Unicorn Gundam. LOL! Heck, with this in hand, Cagalli's Strike Rouge could wait a few more days!

Why the RX-0 after all the nearly obsessive hunt for the Rouge? Simple. Four hundred bucks. Adding four hundred pesos on top of the Rouge's price enabled me to get the Unicorn! Sweet!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...