Thursday, September 18, 2008

The next MG, Strike Milking The Money Cow, or something...

While I was sleuthing for online traces of possibly purchasing Alto's VF-25F Messiah Valkyrie, I chanced upon Bandai-hobby.net's offerings for the month of September, 2008.

There were several interesting (for me, at least) releases for the current month, including the following:

1/100 V2 Gundam (1,575 yen)
1/100 V2 Assault (1,890 yen)
1/100 V2 Buster Gundam (1,890 yen)

I can't believe what I saw a few rows after the V2s...

MG Strike Extra Finish Ver. (10,500 yen)
MG Z Gundam Coating Version (4,200 yen)

Never mind the Z Gundam, Bandai's releasing another Strike! ^_^

Although the Strike Gundam, specifically the Rouge, is my uber-favorite (I told you I wouldn't get tired of saying it) mech, aren't the current variants enough already? I'm counting five on the current master grade roster:

Aile Strike Gundam

Strike Gundam
Strike Rouge

Strike Rouge
Strike Gundam + I.W.S.P.

Strike Gundam + I.W.S.P.
Lukas's (sic) Strike E + I.W.S.P.

Lukas`s Strike E + I.W.S.P.
Launcher/Sword Strike Gundam

Launcher/Sword Strike Gundam
You'll need more than one hand now if you are gonna include the Strike Noir.

Strike Noir
Now here comes the Strike Gundam Extra Finish Version. It sure looks like Bandai's got that milking-the-Exia-cow mode turned on pending the release of its MG Strike Freedom Extra Finish Version.

I'm willing to bet that there are no extra parts other than that of the original Strike (which will now be covered like candy). And what's with the price?!? 10,500 yen?!? That's 500 yen more than the candied-up MG Strike Freedom, which definitely has more parts than the MG Strike. Why don't they just make a better frame for the Strike so that it would have better articulation? Dang!

Make a MG Strike Ver. 1.5, or MG Strike Ver. Evolve, or something!

Or probably I'm just sulking 'coz I only have one of the six above... and with the addition of another one, my MG Strike percentage is going to drop further! LOL! ^_^

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...