Thursday, October 03, 2013

Two eggs

Or should I say, two EGs.

Two eggs

Enough of the rant blog posts about diminutive die-cast cars made by blue-chip companies for tens (or hundreds) of thousands of kids and adult collectors. For now, at least.

This time, eyes will be on the beautiful craftsmanship of Tomytec, Takara Tomy's subsidiary which produces highly-detailed road-going vehicles that is the Tomica Limited Vintage line.

I can still remember the package arriving from Japan...
Tomica Limited Vintage-Neo Honda Civics
I got so excited that I took a pic at my office while the boxes were still in bubble wraps.

Once I got home, shots were fired...
Tomica Limited Vintage-Neo Honda Civic

...and the first time I got hold of one, there was no doubt in my mind that this is how 1/64th-ish die-casts should be produced. I let out a "Whoah!" when I took the black VTi out of its box.

Honda Civic VTi
Honda Civic SiR II

Almost faultless (no rants on this post, remember?). This is how I could describe TLV and TLVN (Tomica Limited Vintage Neo) offerings. With the proper proportions and scaling to the tampo work, they're just glorious things to behold... and to hold... carefully, as these are a bit delicate.

They're definitely not for kids who would basically throw Hot Wheels into walls on a whim.

Going back, more shots ensued, and as a result, here's the black VTi:
Honda Civic VTi
Honda Civic VTi
Honda Civic VTi

And here's the yellow SiR II version:
Honda Civic SiR II
Honda Civic SiR II
Honda Civic SiR II

Having owned a boosted, apple-green-painted EK9 (pic below), I'll always have a place in my heart for Honda Civics, especially the ones from the 4th (EF) up to the 6th (EK) generation.

Apple of my eye

Click on the thumbnails below to see more images in Flickr.

Honda Civic VTiHonda Civic VTiHonda Civic VTiHonda Civic VTiHonda Civic VTi Honda Civic SiR IIHonda Civic SiR IIHonda Civic SiR IIHonda Civic SiR IIHonda Civic SiR II

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...